Friday, September 28, 2012


A Prayer for this Weekend
By Pastor Scott Seidler
We’ll sing the words.  Some of us may know well the tune.  But in the end, it is just (JUST!) a prayer…so before we word it and sing it, let’s ensure we’re ready to pray it at:

Come thou fount of every blessing, tune my heart to sing thy grace; Streams of mercy, never ending, Call for songs of loudest praise; While the hope of endless glory Fills my heart with joy and love, teach me ever to adore Thee; may I still Thy goodness prove.

Here I raise my Ebenezer (I Samuel 7:12), Hither by thy help I’ve come; And I hope, by Thy good pleasure, Safely to arrive at home.  Jesus sought me when a stranger, Wandering from the fold of God; He, to rescue me from danger, Interposed His precious blood.(Hebrews 13:20-21)

Oh, to grace how great a debtor Daily I’m constrained to be; Let that grace no like a fetter Bind my wandering heart to Thee; Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it; Prone to leave the God I love.

Here’s my heart, O take and seal it, Seal it for Thy courts above. (Revelation 21)

I look forward to singing and worshiping with you this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment